
In the past year, there are two significant moments that I can gratefully say humbled me and rearranged my perspective.
1. I was in the car listening to a sermon by CJ Mahaney and he said to imagine yourself at the scene of Jesus' crucifixion. He questioned, "Who are you in this scene? The women at the foot of the cross? Peter? John? Pilate? Roman guards? The crowd?"
I remember thinking to myself, "I would probably be at the foot of the cross with the women weeping and looking back at the crowd saying, 'How could you do this?' "
His response shocked me.
You are deceived if you don't see yourself in the crowd yelling, "Crucify Him!"
I was deceived.
2. A quote from the book The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges:
"There is no sin which I am not capable of committing."
Why do I so often feel invincible? Or when I see or hear about grievous, terrible, soul-destructing sins (which they all are, right?) I say to myself, "I'll never do that."
This brings me to my knees. I am capable of committing every sin. Sobering. Humiliating. Reality. I need Christ to keep me on a short leash.
1 comment:
Youre cool!
Post a Comment