Friday, May 6, 2011

A Must Read

This article is a must read. As I read it I found myself nodding my head in agreement with tears flowing

down my face. It was a good reminder about desires and unfulfilled desires. It was a

reminder that the greatest good is not getting my desires, but being conformed to
Christ's image. And, the truth is, many times it's through unfulfilled desires that I am

conformed more to Christ.



The raw emotion and reality in the article resonated within me. We indeed do face disappointments and

we don't need to cover them up and pretend they aren't there. We recognize that because of the fall there

will be desires left unmet in our lives this side of heaven. Yet in heaven, the joys of being with Christ

will far outweigh the losses in this life. In fact, I won't be disappointed at all.


I think I will reread this article often.

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2011/05/06/for-moms-former-moms-and-wannabe-moms/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just came across this blog while looking for a friend's. The depth in your posts is absolutely amazing and great to process. The problem with most of us guys is that we are so clouded we don't see the beauty in the faith of ladies that's evident here. Don't settle and continue to grow in grace. My 2 cents, at least.