Saturday, March 19, 2011

Learning from Lamentations

. . .my soul is bereft of peace; I have forgotten what happiness is; so I say, "My endurance has perished; so has my hope from the Lord.'"
. . .

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
. . .

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, therefore I will hope in him.
. . .

The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.

Lamentations 3:17-18,21-25



The disposition of his soul moved from hopeless to hopeful. His rescue from hopelessness was found in these words: "But this (steadfast love of the Lord, his mercies, and his faithfulness) I call to mind"--A lesson I MUST learn.

No comments: