Sunday, March 13, 2011

Marching along

Thoughts from another March day:

In Sunday School today we talked about the enemies (idols) around us in our culture.

1. sex--purity before (abstinence) and during marriage (fidelity)
2. busy-ness
3. fear of man--tolerance
4. entertainment--incredibly affluent culture always trying to escape (Disneyland, the Bahamas)
5. children--focal point of everything, families and marriages
6. hobbies
7. knowledge acquisition
8. technology--our culture's obsession with the need to be connected though we're really disconnected (starved for real community)

The list wasn't surprising . . . except for #5. Children.

My pastor half-jokingly said: "As for my and my house, we will serve our son and daughter." The truth of that statement is scary.


I had Fantasia pearl tea today for the first time. I can totes get on board that wagon! ;-)
I'm just not a fan of the tapioca balls...




Loving, loving, loving Florence and the Machine's song Dog Days Are Over.
I would have linked to the YouTube video, but it was freaky. Listen to the song on Pure Volume instead. :)




Also, I'm thankful for smiles. They've been few and far between, so I'm glad when they come.

No comments: