Sunday, January 1, 2012

Not Resolutions

Just some general thoughts on things I want to either do or attempt to do in 2012. 


1. Laugh, a lot more. Daily. 
2. Run on new trails.
3. Seek mutually constructive relationships. 
4. In counseling others see the good, the hard, and the bad...in that order. 
5. Play more games. Find new games to play. 
6. Pour myself out for others. 
7. Take risks. 
8. Get a new schedule. 
9. Talk about books that I read, so I make sure I understand them and not just read them to read them. 
10. Try to learn something new from disciplines I may not be familiar with--physics, economics, astronomy, politics, literature, etc. 
11. Take more random road trips. 
12. Do things that get me out of my comfort zone. 
13. Seek to affirm. 
14. Find joy in the joy of others. 
15. Be alert to where God is taking people and what he's doing in their lives so as to help them become who he has created them to be. 
16. Enjoy the pleasant gifts God gives to me. 
17. Enjoy the painful gifts God gives to me. 
18. Cultivate strengths. 
19. Make traditions. 
20. Cook more. 
21. Practice hospitality. 
22. Dance more around the house. 
23. Tell more people about Jesus. 
24. Study something, someone and reflect on the creative prowess of God. 
25. Notice and delight in the small things. 
26. Write notes and give gifts to people just because. 

No comments: