Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sweeter than Sirens

This is my honest confession, 
Of a lifelong lesson:
Siren's melodies enchant with their ring
I need an infinitely sweeter song to sing


I have forsaken the Living Water
I run to waterless cisterns, not trusting my Father
I am dying of thirst
My soul feels cursed


These broken bones will rejoice
When You purge me with Your voice
The voice that creates with galactic power
I beg for You to speak a new heart into this old tower 


Oh bind me, bind me to You, O Lord
No other lovers will my soul adore 
If I lose my mind and wander
Ravish me, O Great Lover 


There is no other way to be free 
Unless I am bound to You eternally 
My crusty eyes fail
My heart begins to set sail 


Anchor me to You 
For no other love will do 
Breathe on me Spirit from above 
Melt this stony heart with Your love


Siren's songs will fade away to be heard no more  
When this heart sings heavenly notes for 
A love that is sweeter and better and supreme 
And there in freedom this soul will beam. 

1 comment:

JDV said...

Love it...spoke to me as well!